Cornerstone Helps You Get a Handle on Your Home Cooling ASAP!
Here in Florida, the spring days are already starting to heat up to summer levels. That means our AC units are kicking into high gear and face a long road ahead.
That’s why it’s so important to know your air conditioner’s, well, condition. Just like any appliance in your home, your AC wears down over time. Regular maintenance and routine air conditioner repair in your Land O’ Lakes, FL, home is a fantastic way to get the most life out of your system, but the simple fact is that the age of the system impacts it more and more each year.
Read on for a few things that affect the performance and longevity of your AC system, as well as three reasons why now is the optimal time to consider replacing your existing AC system.
AC Units Don’t Last Forever
Just like a well-loved car that struggles to start up or that sweatshirt with the faded logo you’ve been hanging on to since high school, your AC will age over time. Care and attention can help you get the most out of your investment, but eventually you will need to consider what is the smartest option moving forward.
- Aging systems
- As the years go by, wear and tear adds up and your system no longer operates at its best. Components must work harder and no longer perform like they did when they were new. As a rule, the lifespan of an AC system is 10-12 years. Not sure how old your system is? Look for the manufacture or installation date on your system’s nameplate or ask us for help figuring it out.
- Dirty components
- Part of routine AC maintenance is cleaning dirt and debris that accumulates inside and outside your unit. If left unchecked, even a small amount of buildup on your evaporator coil will impact the transfer of heat in the air of your home to the unit, forcing your AC to work harder. If dirty buildup is ignored for too long, the coil can freeze and possibly cause irreversible damage.
- Low refrigerant/leaks
- Refrigerant is what allows your AC to transfer heat out of your home and cool your air. Think of it like gasoline in a car, except it doesn’t need to be “filled up” because your AC constantly transfers the refrigerant between a liquid and a gas state. In the event of a leak, the unit will continue to try to condense the gas back into a liquid— another potential cause of frozen coils and permanent damage.
The team as Cornerstone can help you decide if a repair or replacement is the right choice for you. You can rest assured that we will never talk you into a costlier replacement when a reliable repair will resolve the problem.
A Little Spring in Your AC’s Step
If you’re on the fence about replacing your AC system before summer, here are a few reasons why a spring install is a wise choice:
- Quicker response time. Summer is our busy season so you may have to wait longer for your installation if you wait.
- Reduced risk of breakdown. A new unit will handle the summer heat with ease, making your risk of breakdowns extremely low.
- Improved energy costs. New systems operate more efficiently, which means lower monthly energy bills.
Repair or Install, Cornerstone Does it All
At Cornerstone, we are ready, willing and able to meet your AC needs, including an air conditioning replacement in your Land O’ Lakes, FL, home. Call us today at 813.993.7995 for more info!